Who is Global Women?
Global Women is a 501(c)3 ecumenical missions movement headquartered in Greater Birmingham, Alabama, with an international reach. Our vision is a world where every woman is empowered by the love of God, valued by her community, and equipped to fulfill her unique purpose. The ministry of Global Women (GW) is conducted worldwide in partnership with indigenous Christian women leaders and women called to serve outside their native country.
Global Women and our ministry partners are involved with Christian women's leadership, preventing human trafficking and restoring victims, micro-enterprise, as well as health and social services. We are at work in many areas of the world as well as in the United States.
Every woman is empowered by the love of God, valued by her community, and equipped to fulfill her unique purpose.
Motivated by the love and mercy of Jesus Christ, Global Women is a nonprofit organization connecting and empowering women to transform our worlds through global friendships as we:
• Investigate the needs of women,
• Involve ourselves and our communities in meeting these needs, and
• Influence leaders to cultivate cultures that value women.
Our Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible is God’s inspired word and is the norm for faith and practice.
• We believe in one God who is triune: Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer of the Church.
• We believe that because God created humankind in God’s own image, all persons regardless of gender, ethnicity, and class have dignity and deserve to be treated with equality and justice.
• We believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God who became incarnate to save humankind through his life, death, and resurrection.
• We believe that the restoration of humankind’s relationship with God and each other is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit, who gives gifts and empowers women and men to serve in ministry according to their particular gifts, not their gender.
• We believe the Bible gives us a mandate to be messengers of God’s redemptive plan and to respond to human needs by following Jesus’ life and teachings.
• We believe we are partners with other Great Commission Christians to fulfill this mandate.
In pursuit of our vision and mission, we
• Demonstrate and model the love and mercy of Jesus Christ in all that we do
• Value, respect, and support all women as each is created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-28)
• Prioritize the well-being and empowerment of women to enable them to transform our worlds
• Pursue the highest level of integrity in our daily work and that of our partners
• Know that our investigative and educational activities are essential to our ability to empower and connect with women around the world
• Use our influence and resources wisely to cultivate cultures that value women
• Partner with diverse communities enabling us to grow in our knowledge of women, their needs and their potential.
Cindy Dawson, Executive Director
Trudy Johnson, Associate Director
Kristin Barringer, Project Director
Board of Directors
Kristin Rogers, President
Laura Savage-Rains Vice President
Dorothy Strickland, Secretary
Toni Davisson, Treasurer
Janet Anderson - Alabama
Holly Bradfield - Georgia
Kim Hyden - Alabama
Frankie Johnson - Kentucky
Karen Cotter - Oklahoma
Cathy Lee - Alabama
Ellen Sechrest - South Carolina
Louise Stafford - South Carolina
Jean Taff - Georgia
Jana Williams - Alabama
Ann Wilson - Tennessee